Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Today when I was driving my car Toyota Celica gt 2litre it

Customer Question

Today when I was driving my car Toyota Celica gt 2litre it got jumpy in second and third gear when I got it past around 5000rpm it almost felt as if the tires werent able to grip the ground also my tempature gauge dropped dramatically when I hit 95 to 100 on the motor way can a car cool that fast from wind chill?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

How far did the temperature drop?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
well from half way to just under a quarter from the cold line
Ok,that would not be that out of the ordinary,the thermostat opened up.As far as what the vehicle did while driving,this issue is consistent with a fuel related issue.The most likely reason for this is either the fuel filter needs to be changed or the fuel pressure regulator is getting restricted inside and needs to be changed.I would start with the fuel filter.