Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

When cold, my 3.5 litre petrol automatic Shogun starts without

Customer Question

When cold, my 3.5 litre petrol automatic Shogun starts without trouble, but when the engine is warm, for instance, if I have stopped the engine and then tried to restart it twenty or thirty minutes later, it tries to start, but only on one or two cylinders it seems. It will struggle to keep going for a few seconds and then cut out. After about thirty to forty tries starting, it will start, but it is getting worse, and there is the worry that the battery will run flat before it starts. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
Are there any warning lights coming on at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike, yes, the engine management light is permanently on.

Ok from what you are describing this issue is consistent with a electrically failing fuel injector that is resulting in the issue that you are having. What I would suggest as a first step is to have the fuel injectors balance tested which will show which one is causing the problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for help we will get them tested

No problem,thank you. Also you can respond back to this question at anytime after rating positive if you need further help.
Let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you.