Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My steering is light then really tight on my range rover hse

Customer Question

My steering is light then really tight on my range rover hse sport after coming back from a mechanics with a suspension problem they have said its because they have had it standing for eight weeks but it's not going away
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

Are there any warning lights coming on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No no warning lights but there is no display showing under the left dash dial but that was already the case pre work
Ok,from what you are describing there was a steering pressure line that was taken loose during the suspension repair and air entered the system and that is what results in the issue that you are currently having.To correct this issue the system would need to be bled and all of the air pockets removed.Driving the vehicle will not make the issue go away on its on.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thk u mike your information has been very useful I will now take it to another garage to have the steering re bleed balanced thk you so much for your advice 10 /10 for advice
No problem thank you,also you can respond back to this question at any time after rating positive if you need further help,thanks again.
Let me know if you need further help,dont forget to rate the answer for me.Thank you.
Let me know,thanks.