Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Hi my windscreen washers on a 1999 S type jaguar packed up

Customer Question

Hi my windscreen washers on a 1999 S type jaguar packed up last cold spell,checked the fuse was ok,i relaced the pump but still no go.I am a retired diesel mechanic but modern electrics baffle me,especially ecus,inputs and outputs.Ive looked on a cd and know an ecu is in the circuit,as a last chance i renewed the relay and wiper/wash stalk,no go again.Can you advise the best way to check for the problem,ive got a power probe and multimeters.Hope you will be able to help. thankyou jeff collier
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello Jeff,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Shantal,thanks for your reply.Hopefully my question can be resolved by friday afternoon,as i intend to work on the car this weekend and didnt realise its mot runs out on sunday.Windscreen washers being inop will cause the car to fail its annual test,and make it illegal to use on public roads.

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for getting back to me and providing more information. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Shantel,can you cancel the question now please,as ive got the jaguar drivers club to sort out the problem.many thanks

Hello Jeff,

I am sorry we were unable to assist you. As requested I will close your question.

Thank you for using JustAnswer UK,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi Shantal,your last message said the deposit is refundable,but there wasnt a link on the message to arrange it.Can you send me the link please,eventually the car fault was traced back to the ECU. so more money to spend to cure the fault many thanks jeff.