Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

Hi, My lighter no longer works and that means no Sat Nav or

Customer Question

My lighter no longer works and that means no Sat Nav or phone charger can go in - can you help me please? x
Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello. My name is Mark and I will try help you with this.

Mark :

Most likely cause for this would be a blown fuse. If you have the handbook for the car then this will have a list for all the fuses and there location. Replacing the fuse should cure the fault.

Mark :

If the fuse is not the cause then either the socket is faulty or the wiring to it. If this is the case then it will require a multimeter to check the circuit and socket.

Mark :

If this were to be taken to a garage for repair then I wouldn't expect it to cost more than £40 to repair.

JACUSTOMER-cwb7kpwl- :

Thanks Mark - just finding someone to do it asap is the problem as I am off to Lincolnshire with no Sat Nav just a 12yr old Navigating god help me ha ha - thanks again

Mark :

No problem and hope you don't get lost.

Mark :

Please remember to rate my assistance.

Mark :

Mark :

Mark.