Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Hi, I have a 09 Colt CZ2 with semi-auto box. This morning I

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 09 Colt CZ2 with semi-auto box. This morning I reversed off the drive, paused and went to reverse a little more, but there was no reverse gear. I tried putting it into a forward gear, but nothing happened. The gear display on the dash was clear, not 0. I tried turning the engine off and on again, but no joy. I can't select any gear, or get any display on the dash. Could this be a fuse problem, or more fundamental electrical issues? Thanks, Steve

PS Tried it 3 hours later, worked without a problem, but obviously the wife doesn't want to drive it if it might cut out at 70mph in the fast lane on the way to work.

Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 4 years ago.

Ross :

Hi my name is Ross, I'm a car technician and I’ll help with your question.

It sounds like the problem you had with the gears was caused by a fault with the electronic control unit. It sounds more like a one off glitch than a faulty component however its difficult to say whether this will happen again and get worse or whether it was a one off.

My best advice would be to take it to a Mitsubishi dealership or specialist to scan the transmissive control unit for any stored faults, they may also find the software is out of date, often they have common problems like this that are cured by updating the software so if necessary they will be able to do this for you.

If you need further assistance or would like to talk further about this please reply, I will be happy to help further. Otherwise if your happy with my answer please provide a rating, thanks, Ross.