Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Hi my nissan navara 55 plate leaks dreadfully, i park on a

Customer Question

Hi my nissan navara 55 plate leaks dreadfully, i park on a slight hill on my drive(nose first) after some rain at night i open my rear drivers side door and i have to step back as water pours out over my feet, as a result of this its smells,carpets are always wet,condensation inside and soon ice inside.HELP.
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 3 years ago.

Ross :

Hi my name isXXXXX a car technician and I’ll help with your question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Ross i have not received your answer.

Expert:  Ross replied 3 years ago.

Apologies, there were some problems with the chat interface so I have changed to Q&A mode.

There are a few common causes of this, firstly check all of the grommets on the bulk head. Ideally you will need to get up under the foot wells with a torch and look carefully for signs of water. The grommets often leak slightly allowing a flow of rain water in.

Otherwise the windscreen seal is often to blame. If it has ever had a replacement windscreen this is the prime suspect. If its the original windscreen carefully check the seal around the top and bottom.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Ross i have not had chance to look at vehicle yet, will rate you when ive sorted it as i may need to contact you again.

regards Lee

Expert:  Ross replied 3 years ago.
No problem at all! If you need any further assistance finding the leak just reply and I will be happy to continue my assistance.