Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

1997 astro 46k miles. Just died no fault codes but found low

Customer Question

1997 astro 46k miles. Just died no fault codes but found low power spark. Changed all HT leads plugs dis cap rotor arm, but no change than replaced ignition module. Ran ok for 20-30 miles then developed simptoms of no power on load , but tick over seemed fine. Had fault codes saying 02 sensors faulty checked all 4 sensors on bench all ok. barrowed areal time scanner and went for drive. Found that after warm up the lack of power was due to all cylenders missing intermittently pointing to faulty ignition module maybe? no other fault came up. Changed the module again test driven again perfect on tickover , but the missing on all cylenders as before, and no fault codes.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,