Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

should the diesel particulate filter light come on when i turn

Customer Question

should the diesel particulate filter light come on when i turn on the ignitiom on a 2012 skoda superb it gos out when the car is runing
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 3 years ago.

Ross :

Hi my name is Ross, I'm a car technician and I’ll help with your question.

Its normal for the light to come on when the ignition is switched on. The light comes on to ensure the warning system is working correctly and as in indicator to the fact the vehicle is fitted with a DPF.

I hope this answers your question, Please feel free to reply if you need further assistance, otherwise if your happy with my answer please provide a rating, thanks, Ross.

JACUSTOMER-dkjzplm9- :

Its just that I havent noticed this light before and have checked the handbook and it is the dpf light

Ross :

Yes it should be on until the engine is started, as long as it goes out when the engine is running it's perfectly normal.