Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I was doing 90 mph, then I noticed white smoke coming from

Customer Question

I was doing 90 mph, then I noticed white smoke coming from behind. When I stopped the white smoke was coming from underneath and the engine. It hadn't overheated, plenty of oil and water, and runs fine now...2 hrs after, and I drove 15 mile home?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
From what you are describing this issue is a fuel injector that is randomly malfunctioning and causing the smoke. This often won't show anything on diagnostic unless specifically testing the injectors which is done with a balance test.