Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Porsche cayman rubbery grinding noise front left when turning

Customer Question

Porsche cayman rubbery grinding noise front left when turning even while stationary. Sound came on immediately not slow onset. Recently changed top mounts and strut bearing and had 4 wheel alignment but long enough ago not to be the issue. It is not the tyre as it happens wet or dry and on different surfaces. Can also feel it slightly in the steering wheel. No symptoms at all when turning right. Hope that is clear, cheers
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

From what you are describing this issue is consistent with a worn joint on the lower ball joint on that side that is making the noise.What I would suggest as a next step is to have the lower ball joint checked with a dial indicator as even if the boot is good the joint can be bad.