Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

2003 C180 Kompressor Dash Electrics Problem - please help Hi, So,

Customer Question

2003 C180 Kompressor Dash Electrics Problem - please help

So, after starting the car this morning all electrics die, rev indicator, speedo, petrol guage, window wipers, air conditioning, indicators, electric windows everything, well all except the interior overhead lights.

The car is still running and drives normally though. I turned the car off then back on and everything was working again. After the next stop, same thing happens again, everything dead.

Got it home and started investigating, not that I know what Im doing. So, when you turn the ignition on everything works fine but when you go to start/crank the engine, thats when everything cuts out. However, sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesnt.

Would really appreciate some help and advice as to what it could be.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

The issue that you are having is consistent with a electrically failing ignition switch which results in the electrics to have erratic functions. I am also a warranty inspector and have inspected this issue is before.To correct this issue the ignition switch is to be replaced.