Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

Suzuki Carry 1.3 2004 Engine warning light as just come

Suzuki Carry 1.3 2004

Engine warning light as just come while drivING, had to drive for approx five mins, now parked up. Manual says it relates to computer-controlled emissions system. Is this the case? If so can vehicle be driven to garage to have it looked at without causing any damage?

Mr M. Roache
Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try help you with this.

Mark :

When this light comes on it is an indication that the engine computer has detected a fault.

Mark :

It doesn't always mean that is due to emissions but that the fault could affect emissions.

Mark :

In 99.99% of cases it is ok to drive to the garage to have it looked at without causing other damage.

Mark :

In a few cases where the light comes on you might find the engine wont start or if it does start it runs poorly. If this is the case then you could cause other damage by driving it.