Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

HI I have a 53 plate vectra 1.8 petrol ,it was not heating

HI I have a 53 plate vectra 1.8 petrol ,it was not heating up have changed themostat housingassemby as thermostat integral etc flushed out radiator etc fresh antifreeze mix in hoses getting hot and reading normal running temp when on idle .
Followed procedure in haynes manual for refil etc when heater on temp seems to drop away in car ,also elctric fan not cutting in .
WEould be most grateful if any ideas !!
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your question.
From what you are describing and the fact that the fan is not kicking on this issue is consistent with a failed coolant temperature sensor,this is a common failure.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike it is a brand new thermostat /housing and coolant temp sender combined .Could it be a blocked heater matrix

Yes it is very possible that the heater matrix is restricted and causing the problem.