Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Volvo S80 electric parking brake not automatically releasing

Volvo S80 electric parking brake not automatically releasing when I set off. Have to depress clutch and brake pedals, very tricky on hills.
Anyone know how this can be re-set or has a part failed??

Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

From what you are describing the parking brake sensor is starting to electrically fail and is resulting in the issue that you are having,to correct this issue the sensor will likely need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can activate it by depressing the clutch pedal a couple of times. Then it works for the remainder of the journey.

If the engine is swiched off and the key removed then it doe not work again untill I depress the clutch several times?

Yes. This still sounds like the parking brake sensor is failing.
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.