Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

The automatic park brake on my automatic Jaguar S Type is stuck

The automatic park brake on my automatic Jaguar S Type is stuck on. Have tried the proceedure shown in the handbook but to not avail.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

From what you are describing this issue is consistent with a failed parking brake sensor which causes the parking brake to be stuck in one position or the other.To correct this issue the sensor has to be replaced.You can try to disconnect the negative and positive battery cables and this might reset it the system so that it will become unstuck,however this does not always work.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX try your suggestion if this dosn't work will get back to you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike,

Have done what you suggested and it worked. In your experience does this normally solve the problem long term or should I get the sensor either checked out or replaced?

Good work Mike.

Peter

This normally solves the problem short term and this will likely happen again,the sensor will likely need to be replaced.