Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi my Vivaro will not start when warm. Starts no problem first

Hi my Vivaro will not start when warm. Starts no problem first thing. I have put a new starter motor on, no change. I have also put a new crankshaft sensor on. It also cuts out when you put the engine under power. If you flick the key off and on again it runs again.
Hope you can help, tom.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

Are there any type of warning lights coming on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, no lights coming on, no fault codes. Checked injector wires no sign of rubbing from the air box.
From what you are describing the issue that you are having is consistent with the fuel pump failing and loosing pressure after it gets hot.The next step is to have the fuel pressure checked and monitored as this is a fairly common failure.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX back I did hear I slight leak on the return pipe connection. It is a switch or sensor on the return pipe?
It is a sensor on the return pipe.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, also I stopped on a hill this morning to see if it would bump start. Switched van off, wouldn't start straight away on key but did start when bump started it. I will check return pipe tomorrow.
Ok,sounds good.Also you can respond back to this question at anytime after rating positive and I will continue to help you if you need it,Thank you.