Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi I have a Mercedes ml 350, sods law cold weather The defrost

Hi I have a Mercedes ml 350, sods law cold weather The defrost flap to the screen has a mind of its own most times it opens then shuts after about 30 seconds. I would be very great full for some help weather its a simple component change or I have to get it looked at by a expert P.s I am very new to this computer and internet thing hope I have explained every thing correctly regards roger.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

The issue that you are having is a common failure and the problem is the actuator that opens and closes the flap is starting to electrically fail.The fix is to replace the actuator which is located inside of the dash.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike just would like to now where the part is located and can it be replaced with out removing the dash.

The part is mounted to the air/heater box behind the dash and the only way to replace this is to remove the complete dash assembly.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike brilliant service it good to have a straight forward answer many thanks Roger.

No problem,thank you.