Marty
Marty, Bosch Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

hit kerb at about 60mph. tyres didnt burst but now as i drive

hit kerb at about 60mph. tyres didnt burst but now as i drive i get a slight shuddering it is not continuous its just shudder stop shudder stop doesnt really make any diff what speed i am doing any thoughts?
Category: Car
Expert:  Marty replied 4 years ago.

Marty :

Hi, my name isXXXXX you struck a curb at 60 mph I would have to suspect that one of the rims got damaged from the impact and is slightly out of round. Have all of the rims been spun to see if they are perfectly true?

Expert:  Marty replied 4 years ago.
Hi Alison, my name isXXXXX looks like you may not have received my reply in chat mode. I've switched the question to Q&A mode and reposted my reply below.

If you struck a curb at 60 mph I would have to suspect that one of the rims got damaged from the impact and is slightly out of round. Have all of the rims been spun to see if they are perfectly true? Usually what happens when you strike a curb at high speed the rim will suffer some damage and will no longer be perfectly true resulting in the intermittent shudder when you drive. If the rims are all good I would have the suspension and drive train inspected for bent parts and have the wheel alignment checked. I suspect that you will find that either a rim is bent or a suspension component is bent and out of alignment.

Please let me know if you have any questions. If you would kindly take a moment to rate my service before you go I would appreciate it.

Marty

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX them checked tomorrow. When you say wheel alignment do you mean tracking?

Expert:  Marty replied 4 years ago.
Hi Alison, yes I am referring to the tracking.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Marty