Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I think my imoboliser is jammed on how do I get it off

Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

I'd try resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery cables and clamping them together for 10 mins. Remove both battery leads from the battery then use a nut and bolt or G-clamp to hold both battery lead terminals together.

This discharges any capacitors / memory within the ECU and around the car so ensures all memory settings are wiped clear - back to the factory default.

This will reset all the systems on the car and you may need the radio security code to get it going again, and ensure that the keys are in your hand when you re-connect the battery as the car may lock and turn on the alarm

Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years