Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

The passenger airbag warning light saying the airbag has been

The passenger airbag warning light saying the airbag has been deactivated lights up when the ignition is switched on but goes out when the engine is started even though the switch in the glove box is in the active position. Is this normal and if not will disconnecting and reconnecting the battery work.If notguidance please.

Mike
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 3 years ago.

Ross :

Hi my name isXXXXX a car technician and I’ll help with your question.

It is normal for this light to come on when the ignition is switched ON, this is part of the self diagnostic system as an indicator that the light is working, if there were any faults on the system the main SRS/Air bag warning light would come on permanently as this is a an MOT standard required by law. If the light goes out when the engine is started this is completely normal.

I hope this answers your questions, if you would like any further help regarding this question please feel free to ask, thanks, Ross.

Customer:

Thanks for your reply.The warning light I am referring to is not the one on the instruement panel but a pasenger airbag warning light situated on the gear lever console infront of the handbrake.Please confirm your reply covers this light also.

Ross :

Yes that light should come on with the ignition, that is normal operation.