sean
sean, Technician
Experience:  UK based Ford Master Technician. Technician since 1984.
31670004

Hi I have a 3lt manual 2007 fiat ducato motorhome it has

Customer Question

I have a 3lt manual 2007 fiat ducato motorhome it has travelled 140000klm . The cluch is stiff and takes up right in the middle of the pedal which makes it grab right at a bad place .There is no slip . Do I need to replace the cluch and is this a big job .

Look forward to hear
Bryan
Category: Car
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I hope the following is of assistance.

If the clutch is stiff to press this is usually due to the clutch cover fingers and springs becoming difficult to move, this is normally just due to age. To replace the clutch is a large job, the manufacturers specified labour time is 8.6 hours, this involves removing the engine and transmission together then separating the transmission from the engine. With regard to the clutch take up point this won't be adjustable as the release mechanism is hydraulic.

I hope this helps but if I can assist further let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes,

Sean.