Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a Range Rover Sport 09. The auto hand brake release

Customer Question

I have a Range Rover Sport 09. The auto hand brake release will not disengage and a warning auto hand brake release warning is on the dash. I have tried to manual release by pulling the looped wire under the console, but this still will not release the brake. any ideas
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

From what you are describing this issue is consistent with a failed emergency brake sensor which causes the brake to not release.To correct this issue the sensor will need to be replaced,however in the mean time you can disconnect the negative and positive battery cable ends and leave them disconnected for 10 minutes and this should reset the system.