Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

2006 fabia 1.2! just started to pull off and car died and now

Customer Question

2006 fabia 1.2! just started to pull off and car died and now the EPC light is on and car doesnt start turns over but not starting. changed brake light switch and throttle pedal but no luck. fault codes are p0222 and p0123. Any help would be appriciated! Steve
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

The most common reason for this to happen and for these codes to set is a problem with the throttle body itself.The valve inside of the throttle body gets restricted with carbon debris and results in this issue.The next step is to have the throttle body cleaned as this is a common issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike

Thanks for taking the time to try and help me out.

Have had the throttle body cleaned but still no joy. Have you any other ideas cause im thinking of setting fire to it LOL! It doesnt seem to try to fire but the throttle opens and shuts as it should! The EPC light is still on!

cheers

Steve

You can use this e-mail cause the other one is the wifes!

The next step is to have the ecu tested as this is where the signal to the throttle and throttle response comes from,and this sounds like there is a lack of communication.