Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

hi i have a 2002 jeep cherokee limited also known as the liberty

Customer Question

hi i have a 2002 jeep cherokee limited also known as the liberty it has a 2.5 crd engine, done 74,000 miles, serviced regular, on cold start up in the mornings or if left for am period of time when cold upon start up the jeep smokes quite a bit and smells of diesel, runs a bit lumpy for 60 seconds then is fine once cleared out and runs all day as sweeet as a nut.

I have replaced all the glow plugs had a new fuel filter and a non return valve fitted on the fuel line, i have had all the injectors sent away and bench tested ajusted and reconditioned and re fitted, i have checked the water levels in the header tank and the oil is all changed and is not using any, i am baffled as to what is causing the excessive smoke
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

Are there any type of warning lights coming on?