Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

seat altea 1.9tdi lab test says egr valve can you please locate

Customer Question

seat altea 1.9tdi lab test says egr valve can you please locate for me
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.
Hi..

Hopefully I can help..

Ok..I have below a diagram of the egr valve on the 1.9diesels on the Altea.. I do hope this of help to you..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did only ask for location of vavle but is there a video to show how to peplace valve

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there.. Specifically on the Altea i cant seem to locate one..However the engine is very similar/same wise as per Volkswagon.Skoda etc..so you may want to have a look at this video below..and then relate to yours they are mostly torx allen bolts so you need a set of those to carry this out as well as some new gaskets for it..in which you can get on ebay or maybe from the dealer instead..to clean out is messy so any will needs lots of brake/carb cleaner/cloth/small brush/flat head screwdriver etc to free all the carbon soot off to clear it out..aswell as after which wd-40 the whole inside before refit..I do hope this helps further

copy and paste this :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_aL3xciHZI

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.
.