Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK

Fiat punto 53 plate. Not allowing petrol to be put in. Can

Customer Question

Fiat punto 53 plate. Not allowing petrol to be put in. Can get the nozzle in but will only accept a £ or so worth of petrol into the tank?????
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hopefully i can help..

Asuming nothing has been physically shoved down into the filler neck - check the cap itself for anything missing as such then it either going to be restriction quite far into the filler neck to the tank itself / a problem with the anti syphon device or tank breather/venting system fault..sometimes with restrictions in the filler neck itself it does involve removal as such to clear it - if the filler tube/antisyphon device is faulty then it going to have to be replaced and this would normally involve tank removal - the tank venting/ breather tubes maybe able to be disconnected and blown out/through using compressed air so certainly have these checked out - and easy way to check for restrictions as such in the filler neck can be done by using a bore scope/camera before any removal to see if anything has actually lodged itself inside the filler neck and restricting the amount of fuel to pass into the as above these would certainly be the thing to have checked out first...I do hope this helps