Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Hi I have a pagero 91 reg that keeps going to the left all

Customer Question

Hi I have a pagero 91 reg that keeps going to the left all the time it has bone this since I have had it 10 year now been tracked loads of times had losts new tyers on it still boing it can not stop it doing it . It scrubs of the near side weel on the out side tyers are geting very dear now need to stop it have it got rear stear and the rear weels out of track ? Thanks paul
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.

Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Which tire does yours look like.

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is outer edge wear but starts as cuping

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi Paul .

Cups or scalloped dips appearing around the edge of the tread on one side or the other, almost always indicate worn (sometimes bent) suspension parts.

Adjustment of wheel alignment alone will seldom cure the problem.

Any worn component that connects the wheel to the car (ball joint, wheel bearing, shock absorber, springs, bushings, etc.) can cause this condition.

Worn components should be replaced with new ones. The worn tire should be balanced and possibly moved to a different location on the car.

Occasionally, wheels that are out of balance will wear like this, but wheel imbalance usually shows up as bald spots between the outside edges and center of the tread.

Once an uneven wear pattern is set, correcting the cause alone will not improve the pattern.
Tire rotation is called for.
When placed on a rear wheel, a front tire that has become cupped will partially true its tread.

Need further assistance then please get back to me if needed.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks greg for reply over time have tryed many things replaced ball joints tyerod ends ect been to mitsabishy at derby for traking (sory my spelling is not the best) they said it was now ok but still it scubing of

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks greg for reply over time have tryed many things replaced ball joints tyerod ends ect been to mitsabishy at derby for traking (sory my spelling is not the best) they said it was now ok but still it scrubing of do you think it possible to be rear stearing

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sory forget to say I have to hold the weel tight all the time or it will go to left very quickly when I bought it from the deaer who inported it he said it just needs tracking ?

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi Paul there has to be something overlooked with this issue .

Did you use the same wheel alignment shop .

Was the wheel balanced correctly .

Was it always the same side front that had this problem .

If it was then something has been overlooked like the top control arm bushings not the ball joints .

Rgds Greg
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Paul did you do a wheel alignment /tracking.

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi my local place is a ets place but over the years they have three different machines the one in Derby is a totally different place just carnt stop it scubing of on the passenger side front weel out side and can not let go of stering or it will go to the left very quickly

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi Paul

This is looking like an accident vehicle, have a 4 wheel alignment done, just doing the front will not work by the looks of it .
If an alignment will nor cure a drift then the rear have to be checked and aligned first then the front .this will confirm if the rear is out of alignment or has a bent chassis.

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When at derby it went in for a 4 weel alignment but only the front weels was set up no adjustment on the rear was made but still scubing of off they said they couldn't do no more gave that up as a bad job can the rear axle be moved to stop this or slow it down as I love the car ?

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi Paul .

Have you had this issue checked at the dealers i don't feel confident with the shops you have used .

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately at derby it is a main dealers but in my opinion it wasn't done correctly but I can't prove it and it was a couple of years ago now

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi Paul .

Take it back and have it done again and explain to them the problem .

When an alignment is done the steering and suspension has to be completely checked before the job is done ,any play in any part should be picked out and its there responsibility that the car drives straight after the alignment.

But first what you could do is swap over the front two tires from right to left and left to right and if the car drifts to the other side its a tire issue ,if the problem is still the same then it an mechanical problem.

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks greg fell to sleep last night as came in from work will look in to that thanks paul

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi Paul .

Keep me up to date for further assistance if needed.

Rgds Greg