Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi - my Bentley GTC 07 has run for 115,000 miles on full service

Customer Question

Hi - my Bentley GTC 07 has run for 115,000 miles on full service with Jack Barclay - this PM on a short run 'overheated' - the temp gauge was in the Red at 130 when the warning light came on. It says 'check handbook' which is in London and I am in Derbyshire.

I switched the engine off and it cooled down within a couple of mins back to 90, but every mile or so I had to stop and switch off and restart after 2 / 3 mins. What do you think?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hi , my name is mike and I will assist you with your question .
From what you are describing this issue is consistent with the thermostat for the vehicle starting to stick which results in these symptoms. The thermostat would need to be replaced.