Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a Jaguar XJ8 1999. The battery went flat and after I

Customer Question

I have a Jaguar XJ8 1999. The battery went flat and after I had charged it every time I connected it to the car the alarm went off. I bought a new battery and the same thing is happening. I can't stop the alarm unless I disconnect the battery again. My fobs don't work so I have to use the key
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.

Name is Greg,

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

When you connect the battery to the car the immo system thinks you are stealing the car ,

When you have connected the battery you have to disarm the system with the keyfob remote switch , if you don't have the fob use the ignition key in the drivers door by locking then unlock this will disarm the system .

Should you need further assistance then please get back to me .

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg.. Happy New Year.