sean
sean, Technician
Experience:  UK based Ford Master Technician. Technician since 1984.
31670004

WHERE CAN I OBTAIN A PLUG 20AMP 12 VOLT PLUG FOR THE SOCKET

Customer Question

WHERE CAN I OBTAIN A PLUG 20AMP 12 VOLT PLUG FOR THE SOCKET IN IN REAR OF A FORD
RANGER
Category: Car
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I hope I can offer you some assistance.

Can you confirm exactly what you need? Is it a socket to fit into the rear 12 volt power point? If so what do you need to power with this? Or do you want to add an extra 12 volt power point to the rear? Do you want to fit an inverter?

The more information the better.

Let me know and I'll try to assist.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just need to know where I can obtain a plug to fit into the socket in the rear load area. Its like a large cigarette lighter type plug.

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello again,

the 12 volt socket in the load space area of the Ranger will accept any 12 volt supply lead that comes with the consumer you want to use, the lead will have spring loaded contacts to account for any variation in diameter, as far as I'm aware the Ranger socket shown below is no different to any of the other sockets.

Let me know if you have more questions regarding this and I'll reply as soon as I can.

Best wishes and happy new year.