Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

VECTRA 57 PLATE, SRI ESTATE. Tailgate and door warning lights

Customer Question

VECTRA 57 PLATE, SRI ESTATE. Tailgate and door warning lights on. All other display off(speedo etc).Assume this to be a fuse problem, have consulted manual to see which fuse covers this but info not there! Help appreciated, thanks.

John.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello John,

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you ...

This is not a fuse issue Im afraid - can I just ask exactly what you have done / tried - checked etc thus far -? perhaps since asking your question - ?

Rgds, MIKE.............................................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Mike,

I have not tried anything else to sort this. I have limited knowledge - beyond it being a fuse. I guees I will need to take it to a garage.

I think it happened when reversing up a short steep incline.

John.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again John -

Thank you for your reply -

Ok - this is invariably a faulty switch sensor that is for the tailgate - when open / close the tailgate - just like the doors, a sensor / switch switches the interior lights on / off as you do.. when the switch is faulty or failed - or sometimes it just comes detached out of place -you will get what you have - and the do warn light on too..

You can remove the bulb to stop it draining your battery meantime John but to replace or repair the root cause as above, you have to remove the inner tailgate panel - Its not a major job - if you need to use a garage, they shouldn't charge you more than an hour labour John - ...

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Please do click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, Mike. Got it booked in. Your replies have been appreciated.

John.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again John -

Thank you for your reply / message... They will sort this for you no problem Im sure..

If you do need anything else though on this - or anything in the future, you know where I am..

..........Per the way justanswer works John - I do just need you to please click on the OK ratings for me now as thats how Im credited for helping you - so if you can do that for now please - I'd appreciate that ..

Thank you - and all the very best - MIKE.