Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi. My J reg suzuki vitara (only done 55,000 miles) starts

Customer Question

Hi. My J reg suzuki vitara (only done 55,000 miles) starts and runs fine......for about 10 minutes! It stops and wont restart. I have replaced, on various mechanics advice, the battery, the distributor cap, the rotary arm, and the coil. [email protected]   Any suggestions please?

Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you ..

Can you give me its Full reg number please..

Also - while you have mentioned some things you have replaced - please tell me ALL - everything that you have replaced in a bid to cure this....so that Im not telling you what you may already know -

Kind Rgds, MIKE.........................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike, those 4 items are what I have changed. My reg is....J465 DPW

regards

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply and info.

In that case, I suspect that your problem will be fuel system related. Ignition and fuel system faults can give very similar symptoms - As you have done what you have - then the fuel system is now in need of checking.

I would suggest to replace the fuel filter to start - its most likely that this is all thats wrong. People used to fit extra filters in the line so look out for that - but basically your symptoms are that of- if the fuel system is clogging after 10 mins use - then it will starve of fuel and stop - Until the system clears on standing - then you can start - and off you go again.

So I suggest that to check to start with - and the fuel pressure can be checked also.

IF its not that - then the exhaust system needs to be checked for restrictions / blockages.. If thats happening - you will have the same symptoms as I just described for a fuel supply problem.

So given what you have outlined, thats the way forward on this one now to get this sorted for you.

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything else..

Meantime - please do click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.