Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

H i im in spain benidorm, i have a iveco motorhome model num

Customer Question

H i im in spain benidorm, i have a iveco motorhome model num is 65c17, the proplem i have is edc injection system failure is showing up red,when red light flashes it looses power for a few seconds it makes a lot of noise when tubo cuts in,can you please help tony
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you ..

When you have this fault - the EDC light coming on - more often than not, its a clogging fuel filter - or, air getting sucked into the system - or, a system fault - by way of fuel pump / injectors etc...

Usually though - simply having a new fuel filter will cure this... To explain, the EDC stands for Electronic Diesel Control - any faults such as above will cause the engine management computer to out the EDC light on - and you will then get a loss of power either because of the actual fault in itself - or, because the computer invokes Limp Home mode - to get you home albeit underpowered -

So I suggest have a new filter fitted- check the lines for any signs of diesel leaks - any such would need to be corrected of course - and there is a high chance that will see this cured for you.

IF not - then you will need plug in diagnostics to see exactly why the EDC fault light is on and then go from there.. but do try as above first...

I note what you say re the turbo too - that would not put that light on - not unless some fault is having a knock on effect... Check the hoses to and from the turbo - any splits / rips loose fittings etc will cause such noise - best to check that before having the actual turbo checked-- but also the above too.. because if its starved of fuel - it can cause excess roar noise.... so it all needs checking through as above.

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

.................Please do click on the OK/ Excellent ratings for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.