Marty
Marty, Bosch Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

Mercedes 190 e overheating headgasket at fault ,replaced headgasket

Customer Question

Mercedes 190 e overheating headgasket at fault ,replaced headgasket vehicle runs well all cooling faults have now been eradicated . On road test transmission clunks when changing gear ,have topped up transmission fluid ,all air pipes are fitted .
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Hi, sorry for the wait. You need to check the vacuum to the transmission modulator valve and see if you have good vacuum to the valve at idle. If the vacuum line from the manifold to the valve is bad or if the modulator valve is leaking vacuum it will cause the clunk on shifts. You should have full manifold vacuum to the modulator valve at idle.

Let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Marty