Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech

1993 Isuzu bighorn 3.1td auto speedometer not working and not

Customer Question

1993 Isuzu bighorn 3.1td auto speedometer not working and not going into its overdrive gear,have changed speedo sensor on gearbox and checked speedo drive gear,also have changed speedometer head.checked all power feeds all ok.any suggestions please.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you ..

You mention you have checked what you have - inc the drive in the transmission - Can you please tell me exactly how you checked these things - then we can progress..

Kind Rgds, MIKE..........................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

firstly when the speedo stopped working I took it down to my local garage to investigate they said to me it is possible that it is the speedo sensor on your gearbox so I got a new sensor for them to fit still not working so then they checked the speedo drive gear by removing it,so then he noticed that the pin in the speedo head that stops the speedo needle from dropping down below zero was missing and thought the needle was stuck down so we replaced the speedo head and still not working so then they checked all power supplies to the speedo and to the sensor and according to them everything checks out ok and speedo should be working.