Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

how do i remove a leaking matrix from a 1996 astra car

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Just to clarify - Are you actually loosing coolant since this fault occurred and isnt actually rain water instead?

Does the car have air conditioning fitted?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ido have to top up the radiator often,

No air conditioning fitted.

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.
Hi..there thanks for your reply..

Ok..if there is a marked decrease in the coolant reservoir then that will confirm as you suspected..I have the official removal procedure below once you have a replacement to fit..This is for the Astra F series 1996

Bleeding the system..You can remove the small ect sensor on the thermostat housing as this can help whilst your filling up to expel any air trapped in the system..ensure once the matrix is replaced is to have the heater set to HOT too..

I do hope this helps you out - if you need to ask anything else or include anything further then just continue before you rate
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.
Hi.there..

This is just a short message to let you know that your question you posted recently has been "answered"..

If you need to follow up or ask anything else before you rate? Then you are always more than welcome too and continue on the same question should you need to ask anything else...

Let me know,

Regards[Robert]
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.
Hi.there..

Let me know,

Regards[Robert]