Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

isuzu n75 190 p0560 systems voltage malfunction orange engine

Customer Question

isuzu n75 190 p0560 systems voltage malfunction orange engine light on vheical runs ok
Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is Mark and I will try help you with this.

Mark :

Normal procedure for a code like this is to do exactly as you have done. ie check battery, charging, connections and earth strap etc and then clear the fault code.

Mark :

Doing all these might have actually cured the problem without you actually seeing what caused it.

Mark :

If the fault code was to return then you would need to carry out more advanced checks on the system. Preferably using a scope to capture the alternator wave pattern, to check earth reference voltages etc. These tests cannot be done properly with a multimeter as readings get averaged out and also the meter is not fast enough to capture glitches.

JACUSTOMER-ap8v0xvw- :

mark thankyou for your answer i understand what you are saying regarding the alternator and will check that out but we could not clear the active coad p0560 systems voltage malfunction so it would appear that our problem is still there the vehicle starts and runs ok charge rate and batterys are in good condishion the wiering loom looks sound the glow plugs all working ok and earth leads ok i am trying to understand what the coad p0560 stands for and to gide me to the right area with thanks alan

Mark :

P0560 id defined as 'System Voltage - Malfunction' Possible causes are wiring, poor connections, battery and alternator according to Autodata.

Mark :

Do all the other electrical systems work ok? ie lights, heated screen, heater blower etc.

JACUSTOMER-ap8v0xvw- :

mark the vehicle is out working at the moment so i cannot check out to recheck electrics will report to you soon alan

Mark :

No problem Alan