Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

Hi. Seat Leon 1.6 SE, 54000 miles. Lack of power at certain

Customer Question

Hi. Seat Leon 1.6 SE, 54000 miles. Lack of power at certain times recently. On a couple of occasions the heater plug light has flashed on and off. If you turn engine off and on again it seems to cure the problem for a short time. I took to Seat dealer where I get car serviced. there were no faults recorded when connected to computer. Almost sure that EGC is problem but they do not have proof so leaving it up to me. Quoted approx £150 for 5 hours labour and £350 for parts + vat. Would hate to spend approx £600 and still have problem.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you ...

It sounds like the dealer carried out the fault code test when the light was not on... doing so you are not always likely at all to retrieve any fault codes... it should generally be done with the fault light on as you had... so you could await that happening again - a fault code would help...

Other than that - such issues can be caused by such as clogging fuel filter - often not changed on servicing even at garages - so check your invoices for that . If it wasn't done last service - certainly have that done and see if that cures it - its a common issue. The same applies to the air filter.

If its not found to be the problem as above, I would suggest then, other than the fault code reading as mentioned, to clean the throttle body internally etc with a suitable spray cleaner ( from any car shop)... and see if that improves it...Im certain it will - and the other thing that is a good idea , is to put a injector cleaner fluid in the tank - as you drive, it cleans the injectors - sticking pintles restricting or affecting spray pattern of the injectors, can also cause what you have.

Working through as above should see this sorted for you.

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Please do click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.