Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a 2008 fiat ducato, the passenger window stoped working

Customer Question

I have a 2008 fiat ducato, the passenger window stoped working after I used the van to jump start my mates car, ive bought second hand window regulators and new door switches and the window will not work, I do get a clicking noise from the winder motor like it wants to do something, I have been assuming that the used window regulator I have bought was faulty, so I bought a new window assembly and it still does not work, any Ideas?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you ...

I think its most likely coincidence as to just when this fault occurred - at least it wouldn't be unheard of... You could have spiked the BCM unit - but for now you need to be checking the wiring that goes from the van body - to the door.. Check inside the link tube there - for any bad / damaged wiring - often they chaff through in there...Check inside the link tube - and if needed back inside the body - and inside the door - just where it goes through.

Usually thats the problem on these -

So thats the way forward on this one now for you - but do get back to me / let me know if you need anything more..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Meantime -

Please do click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.