Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds

HelloIve just bought a Ibiza S (2003) ,turned the key and

Customer Question

Hello Ive just bought a Ibiza S (2003) ,turned the key and all the electrics went,ive checked all the fuses at the box and the mains(4) at the battery and they are okay,what I did find was the battery connections where extremely loose ,ive secured them but no joy,there is no power to anything,any help would be appreciated,Im a retired time served motor mechanic so the fuses are okay,but thats all I can do with these new jobs electrically. thanks Paul

P.S the battery has charge in it  

Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 2 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is Mark and I will try help you with this.

Mark :

Check the fusible links near the battery. They can tend to overheat although not blow. This causes the connection to be poor.

Mark :

Disconnect the terminals from them and give them a clean with a bit of emery.