Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

dash lights come on when engine switch of and key removed

Customer Question

dash lights come on when engine switch of and key removed seat Ibiza 2010
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

this sounds like one or more of the main power relays may be sticking on

if you look in the underbonnet fusebox there should be 2 or 3 rectangular boxes and these are identified by the map on the fusebox lid as the ECU and 12V bus relays

these should all switch off when the ignition is off so if you have your assistant switch the ignition on and off and all the relays should 'click' which you can feel for by holding each one

if one appears to be stuck then replace it and ensure that the contacts / connections are free from any heat or corrosion damage
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

car had to go into main seat garage after 4 hours they

found the problem

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
glad you got it sorted

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.
If you don't rate then you can use the cash at a later date to ask another question.

However you can keep asking questions on the same post as the process is supposed to a be a dialogue with information going back and forth to solve the problem