Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

About 4 years ago my 2007 Volvo S40 developed a fault, anti

About 4 years ago my 2007 Volvo S40 developed a fault, anti skid service required which eventually transpired there was a fault with the anti-lock braking system and was replaced foc. recently a fault is appearing, anti skid service required and then brake system failure stop car safely and it loses power. if i turn off car and restart it would restart normally and be ok for a period of time. lately if following this process, it does not start immediately giving the additional error check immobiliser.
my dealer is suggesting it is a wiring problem but checking other online articles a lot of articles refer to the DEM. could this be the problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you I am willing to wait.

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

From what you are describing this issue that you are having is infact consistent with a DEM module failure which is very common on these vehicles. I am also a warranty inspector and I have inspected this issue many times. To correct this issue the DEM would need to be replaced and programmed to the vehicle.
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.