Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Hi there, I have a 03 ford transit 90 t350. My speedo, rev

Customer Question

Hi there, I have a 03 ford transit 90 t350. My speedo, rev counter, temperature, fuel and both miles and time clocks are all out. Yet van is running good. What could cause this problem and how could I fix it.

Thanks Calum
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Calum,

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Check the fuse's in the fuse box under the dash passengers side, remove them one by one check and clean the connections there is one just for the instrument but check all fuse .

If all fuses are okay remove instrument cluster and check the connection on the back of the cluster, you will find a lot of dust and most likely a bad connection .use a electronic connection cleaner and not WD40.

This is a typical issue ,ignition light, ABS, check engine light are still working i take it if so then do the above job. if not then you most likely have a bad cluster .

Need further assistance then please get back to me.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience: Automotive diagnostic tech
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

removed and checked all fuses including the 2 behind the cluster, cleaned connection back together yet still not working, my mates breaking a transit so I will try the cluster from his van see if that helps

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

Good, let me know if that was the problem for further assistance with this issue .

Rgds Greg