Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

how easy is it to fit a tailgate glass to a Rover 75 estat

Customer Question

how easy is it to fit a tailgate glass to a Rover 75 estate
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

This is not a easy job as the glass is very easy to break while installing and is difficult for even someone who has done the job, there is not much room to work with. I would suggest having a auto glass shop perform this task for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My understanding from World of Rover was being a glass that opens from the tailgate as part of the door assembly, this would be straightforward, it was they who recommended I go to you to get an answer froma previous Rover mechanic, I take it autoglass would fit the attachments from my tailgate onto the used glass to reinstate it as before.

Douglas J.A Roxburgh M.B.E.

Yes thats correct the auto glass shop would fit the glass using the existing attachments.