Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi my Audi rs6 c5 all of a sudden has stopped working.the battery

Customer Question

Hi my Audi rs6 c5 all of a sudden has stopped working.the battery isn't dead it's 12.6 volts but nothing is turning on.what could be the reason
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

if the dash is completly dead and its not cranking over then I'd suggest looking at the fuses for the alarm / security system

and if thats OK check the rest of the high power fuses ( 40A +) in the underbonnet fusebox

if these are OK and the alarm has power then I'm sorry to say that its going to be a dealership job as only they hold the equipment to re-code a key and communicate directly with the security system