Peterkmiles
Peterkmiles, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  13 years experience at the highest level of automotive technology
37560582

Fiat seicento. Passenger well fills with water every time it

Customer Question

Fiat seicento. Passenger well fills with water every time it rains - have tried 6 garages and to date paid out over £500 following their recommendations. These include having the windscreen re -sealed. This neccessatiated a new digital ariel fitted as well. No difference,the rain did it's worst. Another suggested the door be re-hung.this I had done but no difference.Another said that the welding on the seam inside my bonnet was not clever and so he put mastic everywhere but no difference. Forgot to say that the first garage cleared the vents under the windscreen. Now daily I have to go to a local car wash and let them vacuum out the water. Sometimes nearly an inch deep. This costs me £5 every time.
The problem started over 1x year ago and since I have owned the car for 13x years ( bought privately) I am now at my wits end. Have spoken with the local Fiat dealer but they are not really interested as the car is too old. In 2013 it won an award for the best Siecento
at an Auto Italian show as the car with its many extras is in concours condition. Please advise as now at my wits end !
Category: Car
Expert:  Peterkmiles replied 3 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you.

Does the vehicle have a sunroof?

What extra kit/factory options does it have?

How is the vehicle parked when it leaks? Facing up hill or down hill? Leaning to the passenger side or drivers side?

Peter
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes,it does have a full electronic canvas roof but only recently fitted, the
Problem was happening well before this.
The car leans slightly towards the near side when parked
Extras are many inc. built in sat nav, digital radio, stainless exhaust, water temp gauge and state of battery gauge.full canvas roof,radar warning device, my speed control. To mention a few.
As you will see Peter, this is probably why it won concours, if only they knew my problem !
Have just returned from my work -yes even though an OAP I still have to keep the pennies coming in.
A colleague suggested that maybe because the original body was designed
as LHD then maybe the grommet filling in the holes for clutch etc was leaking. Again to ascertain this will involve further expense but is this a Red
Herring .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I had no advice at all, was not contacted at all, your help line a waste of money as far as I am concerned.
I have resolved the problem by drilling 4x large holes in the floor pan for drainage.