Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi , I changed the timing belt in my disco 3 2.7 tdv6 . I set

Hi , I changed the timing belt in my disco 3 2.7 tdv6 . I set it to tdc and inserted all the locking as requested and replaced the new belt .
Finally I put the parts back together and when I tried to start the disco 3 it just kept turning over and over with attempt to start .
I checked the fuel and blead the nipple on the top of the engine beside the oil filter and still no use .
Looking for help
Thanks Niall.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
Hello Niall

1st thing to double check is the cam timing as its a complicated process and I'd suggest a good double check is to compression test the engine on all cylinders as if 1 cam is out by 180 degrees then you'll have a couple of low cylinders

they should all be within 10-15 psi of each other if its all timed up correctly

Let me know what you find