Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

I have a 2005 Lexus is 250 . Today I stupidly op ended my front

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Lexus is 250 . Today I stupidly op ended my front right hand door and another car hit it. It Has only dented the outside but it will not close . Should it be easy enough for a body shop or shall I bite the bullet ANC go through insurance ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is Mark and I will try help you.

Mark :

Was the vehicle that hit you coming towards your open door or from behind you into the open door?

JACUSTOMER-ytzyqk53- : It was coming behind and hit the open door , interior panel seems fine , moving car only seemed to clip me
JACUSTOMER-ytzyqk53- : # into the open door
Mark :

That is the worst kind of contact because there is a possibility that the 'A' pillar may have been twisted as well as damage to the door frame.

Mark :

For that reason I would probably go through the insurance. However I would still obtain a few quotes from different bodyshops and get them to asses the damage. You might be lucky and have no damage to the pillar. Only you can tell if the quotes you get make it worthwhile to claim or not depending on the excess you have to pay.

Mark :

Mark.