Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

Hi I have a 2006 ford mondeo 2.0tdci there is a pinging noise

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2006 ford mondeo 2.0tdci there is a pinging noise coming from the fuel rail bar on tick over but when you rev the engine it stops, also the heater plug light flashers
Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is Mark and I will try help you with this.

Mark :

Does the engine run ok or does it lack power?

JACUSTOMER-p7h8ang1- :

the engine seems to run ok not had the car on the road as I have just bought it and noticed the problem

JACUSTOMER-p7h8ang1- :

Hi Mark

JACUSTOMER-p7h8ang1- :

Hi Mark I will keep checking my mails to see if you come back to me I am at work so carn't stay on line

Mark :

You should try give the vehicle a run to see if it lacks power. Don't venture to far though as it might go into limp home mode.

Mark :

What you really need to do is have a scan tool connect to the vehicle and read what fault codes have been stored.

Mark :

Some are more serious than others.

JACUSTOMER-p7h8ang1- :

Hi Mark I have had a scan tool to the car but no codes are there I will try and run the car just waiting for a new belt and tensioner to come

Mark :

Ok

Mark :

If the glowplug light is flashing there should be codes stored. It could be your scan tool is not compatible.

JACUSTOMER-p7h8ang1- :

I will try and get a better scan tool or get it done is it ok if I come back to you after I have done this

Mark :

No problem

JACUSTOMER-p7h8ang1- :

Hi Mark I got the scan done on the car at a cost but no faults came up I tried new fuel filter and some diesel cleaner and the pinging seems to have stopped but there is no power in the engine you have to press the throttle to the floor to get any power the heater plug light is still flashing been told could be turbo

Mark :

I don't understand how the light can be flashing and no fault codes can be found.

Mark :

This would suggest the scan tool being used is not compatible with your vehicle.